This recipe is so quick and easy, don’t blink or you just might miss it! Quiche is a delicious breakfast pie. It is usually a savory tart that is thickened with an egg filling, but you can add whatever you’d like into it. Popular quiche fillings include bacon, cheese, parsley, and ham. Today, we’re just making a simple plane quiche with a basic egg filling, but if you’d like to add your own filling, just mix it in with the egg mixture before pouring into the pie tins. If you are going to fill with cheese, a good trick is to also pull them out a few minutes before they are all finished then garnish the top with cheese, then stick them back in to finish. That way you get the nice, browned crispy cheese on top.
Just a note, before we start: I personally use 4″ non-stick pie tins, but you can use a 9″ if you’d like.
Quiche Crust Ingredients
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 Canola or Olive Oil
- 1/4 Ice Cold Water
Quiche Filling Ingredients
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream (Milk or Half and Half work too)
- Salt / Pepper to taste
- Mix FLOUR and SALT together in a large bowl.
- In a separate cup Mix WATER and OIL together until thick.
- Slowly Pour our and mix the oil mixture into the flour
- Place dough into pie tin and press down
- Mix EGGS, CREAM, and SEASONINGS into a large bowl.
- Add any additional filling such as BACON or CHEESE that you wish and mix in well
- Pour the mixture out into the pie tin
- Pre-heat oven to 350F (190C)
- Place raw quiche into oven until the top is golden brown. Check if it’s ready using the Toothpick Test